Account Executive (Full Time)
The positions main responsibility will be outbound phone sales. Sales items would include full season tickets, partial season tickets, group tickets, luxury suites, and additional sales items and ticket packages as set by management. Game duties during the game will also be required – this will include in-game promotions.
Responsibilities and Duties:
All interested parties please email cover letter, along with resume, and references to the Director of Ticket Sales, Luke Schuellein, at email@example.com with the subject “Wichita Thunder Account Executive Application”.
Ticket Sales and Services Internship
The Thunder seeks Ticket Sales and Services interns for the 2013-2014 season
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Related coursework and/or experience a plus
- Ability to work well with other interns, front office staff, athletes, fans, and customers
- Interns must have professional conduct, image, and demeanor while working
- Must be ambitious, self-motivated, and always represent the organization in a positive manner
- Candidates must have good computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel/Word)
- Consistent, punctual, and regular attendance required. Available to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays during the hockey season
- Must be comfortable making cold calls and talking with Wichita Thunder fans
- Must be willing to take orders and do all tasks asked of them
- Interns must have their own transportation and housing
The Ticket Sales and Services Interns will support the day-to-day operations of the ticket sales and game day departments. Interns will receive practical training and experience in these areas while gaining an understanding of the sales department of a professional sports organization. Interns will assist with general office duties during regular business hours as well as game day activities including, but not limited to, pre-game entertainment, arena tours, special event coordination, and sales efforts.
Interns will actually sell season, group, individual, and suite tickets during the duration of their internship. For interns interested in a career in the sales industry, this is the ideal opportunity. In the off season, the interns will focus on assisting the sales staff and taking an active role on the phone with season ticket and group sales. The interns will assume additional roles on an as needed basis.
Note: When you apply for this job, you will be required to answer the following questions
1. I understand that this is an educational internship and I will receive college credit for my participation in this internship. Yes or no?
2. I am a sophomore, junior, senior, or graduate student currently in college? Yes or no?
3. I understand that I am responsible for my own housing and expenses while participating in the internship. Yes or no?
Please email Luke Schuellein, Director of Ticket Sales, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “2013-2014 Ticket Sales and Services Internship” along with your resume, cover letter, and references