The Wichita Thunder have worked in partnership with the ECHL, INTRUST Bank Arena, and with respect to guidelines from Sedgwick County and the State of Kansas to help keep everyone in attendance at our games safe throughout the 2020-21 season. We're excited about the season and look forward to playing hockey. As the season progresses, we will continue to update this page with any changes.
When will doors open for Thunder games?
Due to the limited number of fans permitted in the building, there will be no early entry. Doors will open one hour prior to puck drop. Additionally, the Cox Lounge will be closed until further notice.
Are masks required?
Masks ARE required to be worn by all patrons inside of INTRUST Bank Arena including spectators, employees, media personnel and all others. Masks are not required when eating or drinking, but must be worn directly before and after for the safety of the people around you.
How will the seating look?
We have been working with INTRUST Bank Arena and the county to provide a safe and fun environment when you come to games. All fans will be separated in a pod seation set-up. Fans must provide information to the Thunder or to Select-A-Seat for contact tracing purposes. Due to our limited capacity, seating will be available in the lower and upper bowl based on availability.
What other new policies do I need to be aware of?
INTRUST Bank Arena has also made a change to its bag policy, adopting a Clear Bag Policy for all ticketed events. The clear bag policy will speed up the entry process into the venue, improve security and limit touch points. Clear bags allow staff to check for prohibited items without having to touch or open a bag. Bags larger than 14" x 6" x 14" will not be allowed. Each ticketed guest can carry one large clear bag – either a one-gallon plastic storage bag or the 14" by 6" by 14" clear bag – plus a small clutch purse (5.5” x 8.5”). The Wichita Thunder have a limited amount of clear bags available for fans to pick up at our office.
Other notable information regarding your experience at a Thunder game:
- INTRUST Bank Arena has upgraded its HVAC system to provide a higher quality of filtered air and has installed bi-polar ionization equipment throughout the facility.
- Electrostatic sprayers will be used to evenly disperse disinfectants across surfaces quickly and evenly.
- Common spaces will be subject to reduced capacity in order to best serve physical-distancing protocols, such as elevators, first aid rooms and restrooms.
- Additional staff will be dedicated to restrooms and other high-traffic areas, and the arena seating bowl will be fully disinfected prior to fan arrival.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout the arena.
- Face masks will be required of guests and staff to enter the venue and should be worn at all times, unless actively eating or drinking. This policy will be strictly monitored and enforced.
- Reduced seating capacity for all arena events, including Wichita Thunder games, allowing for proper and safe six-foot distance between groups of guests.
- Reduced capacity within arena bars and lounges, with tables set six feet apart.
- Floor markers will be placed in all areas to help promote physical distancing of at least six feet.
- A Clear Bag Policy has been implemented and bags larger than 14" x 6" x 14" will not be allowed. Each ticketed guest can carry one large clear bag – either a one-gallon plastic storage bag or the 14" by 6" by 14" clear bag – plus a small clutch purse (5.5” x 8.5”).
- Full contactless mobile ticketing will be implemented for guests to use self-serve ticket scanners at all arena entrances, reducing points of contact with staff. Mobile tickets for Wichita Thunder games can be seamlessly accessed or transferred via customer’s Select-A-Seat account.
- Concessions will utilize a reduced menu, have dedicated beverage attendants, offer single use condiment packets and have plexiglass barriers in place, all in an effort to limit contact. Additional contactless payment options (Apple Pay, Google Wallet) will be available at every point of purchase.
- A new mobile food and beverage ordering system will allow ordering and paying via mobile phone and offering express pickup locations in an effort to maximize physical distancing in concessions lines.
- In preparation for event days, additional cleaning staff will available to facilitate increased cleaning and sanitization, with a focus on high-touch areas.
- Public address announcements and digital and physical signage placed throughout arena to help promote physical distancing.
- All INTRUST Bank Arena staff will undergo additional health and safety training prior to welcoming fans back and will complete health & safety questionnaires in advance of each scheduled shift.
- All staff, vendors and volunteers will undergo a touchless temperature screening before entering the workplace. All staff to wear face coverings for the duration of every event, routinely wash their hands with soap and water, and physical distance.